LAST PARAGRAPHS IN THE DIARY OF A TREE..

maio 27, 2010

A void is what I feel. The pure breeze and fresh air my hair felt once, making me feel free and loose, had become a hot and dry breath, even disturbing, bringing the agony caused by quiet solitude.
The small decorating accessories that adorned me, which alternated between my generous and long arms, which gave me life, are now small pieces without color that over time were disappearing.
The water, brought on by days of rain, which was once small puddles soaking my feet, giving a new life to my days, refreshing my soul, was becoming increasingly inserted, unpleasant and often more destructive, making the small puddles became a huge sea of insecurity, bringing to the margin the grief of days of irresponsibility.
What cause this? What can be so brutal that can be able to manage this evil plan that could ruin the world? What kind of thing could cause these wrong actions that could private me to live? They say it’s global warming, but who or what is global warming? It’s a monster? Or it’s a killer? It’s even human? No, it’s a man’s creation.
Has someone said once, Earth doesn’t belong to man but man belongs to the Earth. That’s why human actions matters, because if man continue to commit this terrible acts it will destroy nature, but what everybody forget or don’t want to remember is that in the end Nature will destroy humanity.
I, like other beings like me, will become scarcer and scarcer, and has a precious well for living we should keep preserved, far from the dangers that keep ruin us, or instead of a big and green tree, I will just become a lonely and ugly branch.
After all I just think that a single human being couldn’t be able to do such a terrible thing… but millions could.

"Imagine that you're a tree about to be chopped down." - work done for english subject.

Publicações Relacionadas

3 Comentários